By Lora Condon
It’s time for the 2nd Annual, Beauty Buster Awards, bringing you some of the most effective beauty products on the market. As a beauty consumer advocate, I take my title very seriously, so no companies paid to be involved with the awards, and I also excluded my own natural, Beauty Buster Skin Care line. The 2013 awards were held in New York City and hosted by Lexington Plastic Surgeons. This is also where Theresa Giudice accepted an award for her Milania-Youthful 8 Hair Collection, and was her first public appearance, less than 24 hours after her first court appearance. Also in attendance to accept their awards, were executives from Xtreme Lashes, Shea Moisture, American Spa Magazine, and Dr. Michael Jones, as well as many beauty editors and top beauty bloggers. Winners receive, the Beauty Buster Seal of Approval and this year, they are featured in Millennium Magazine.
The awards are based on quality of ingredients, consumer reviews and of course, results. The products are put into categories such as makeup, hair, skin, and nails. Although there are many amazing products on the market, not all can be included and some categories like eye-shadows are consolidated under one brand. For the complete list of awards, go to the blog on www.thebeautybuster.com and don’t forget to pick up some new treasures. Be sure to check out the 2013 winners as well as my book Spa Wars, which reveals first list of winners in 2011.
1. Lipstick – LTW Cosmetics – Vegan, organic and glutan-free. A color for every woman and every mood. They feel amazing and really condition the lips, and they’re long lasting. Custom blend your own color for a true match. http://www.ltwcustomcosmetics.
2. Mascara – Xtreme Volume – Get volume and definition with no fibers getting in your eyes and irritating them. Impossible to clump and easy to remove. www.xtremelashes.com
3. Eyeshadows – Inglot Cosmetics – Beautiful, highly pigmented colors that come ready to be put in a palatte for easy use so you only get the colors you want. www.inglotcosmetics.com
4. Eyshadow Base – Makeup Forever – Aqua Crème Water Proof Cream Color – Highly pigmented, easy to use as a base or alone, with fingers or brushes. www.makeupforever.com/us/en-us
5. Eyebrow Color – Cailyn – Gelux Eyebrow Cream – Perfect colors in a dense, long lasting, crème formula with a brush attached. Genius.www.cailyncosmetics.com
6. Brushes – Royal and Langnickel – Revolution Collection – Developed in conjunction with Emmy Award winning artist, Kevin James Bennett. You WILL feel the difference upon first touch. Take care of these babies and they’ll take care of you. www.royalbrush.com
1. Shampoo – Shea Moisture – Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Includes coconut oil, shea butter, aloe and sulfate freewww.sheamoisture.com
2. Conditioner – K.Gatto – Moisture Conditioner – Restore dry, brittle hair with Argan oil, Sophora flavescens and coconut fatty acids.www.verdesalon.com
3. Hair Powder – Schwartzkopf Powder’ful Volumising Hair Powder – A few sprinkles gives hair volume, staying power and life. “Survival” can sometimes mean alleviating pain from blisters on a long hike or repairing a tear in your backpack or tent. Are you looking for information on what the best survival gear is? So visit https://rotorm.com We do our best to keep you updated on the latest gear, gadgets, tools, and supplies that we believe will benefit your survival kits and bug-out bags. The right gear in your backpack can literally save your life. But what survival gear should you bring? Surviving in the wild — no matter the location or the time of year Tease away for the Jersey look! http://www.whiphandcosmetics.
4. Hair mask – Shea Moisture – Yucca and Baobab Anti-Breakage Mask – Boabab Oil contains Vitamins A,C,D,E and F to repair thin, damaged hair. www.sheamoisture.com
5. Curl Reactivator – Sexy Hair – Curl Reactivator – Brings dry, flat or frizzy curls back to life. Spray, scrunch and go! www.sexyhair.com
6. Heat Protector – Youthful 8 – Keratin Heat Protector – A silk cream smooths, heals and protects your hair from damaging heat that breaks hair and creates frizz by using 8 repairing ingredients. www.milaniahaircare.com
7. Shampoo for Thinning Hair – Portland General Store Apothecary – Thick Shampoo – No stripping ingredients, sulfates or parabens to strip hair and it’s even vegan. http://www.
1. Diosa – Spanish word for “Goddess” and you’ll feel like one with these hip and timeless colors. http://www.diosanails.com/
2. Del Sol – Color Changing Polish – So much fun, all year round. It goes on one color and changes to another in the sun. www.delsol.com
1. Spf Kids– Glitter Tots all natural, non-nano technology to add some fun in the sun. Ok, I admit, I’ve worn it down the shore!www.glittertots.com/
2. Spf Adults – Control Corrective – Aroma Matte Even if you’re not normally oily, you might be in the summer and I love using this as my moisturizer so I don’t need to use two products. www.controlcorrective.com
3. Creamy Mask – Hard Night Good Morning – Mineral Detox Mask – A creamy, clay mask for all skin types. You ‘ll definitely feel a tingle and it’s the perfect pick-me-up before or after a hard night! www,hardnightgoodmorning.com
4. Hyperpigmentation – Dr. Kassir – Derma Touch Stick – Rollerball technology allows you to target dark patches. This targeted serum will naturally lighten because it contains a blend of lactic, acid kojic acid, Vitamin C and hydroquinone. www.drkassir.com
5. Shaving – Portland General Store Apothecary – Alpine Shave Jelly – Innovative, soothing gel formula with aloe, meadowfoam, bilberry and sugar. Amazing on the bikini line as well as the face. www.portlandgeneralstore.com
1. Belle Lucce Manuka Honey Drizzle – Organic clover honey drizzle leaves the skin feeling like silk. I’ve never used a body product with such immediate, and long lasting results. http://www.bellalucce.com/
2. Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant -AM Solid – This is Jersey shore tested and a must have for hot, humid, long days. The high percent of protection will leave you dry for up to 72 hours. http://www.certaindri.com/
3. Farmaesthetics – Organic Tansynella Bug Repellent Oil – Breathe easy while applying Organic Tansy, Eucalyptus and Rosemary Essential Oils, Citronella, and Vitamin E – www.farmaesthetics.com
4. Sore Joints & Muscle – Medicine of the People – Sore Joint line has a proprietary blend of organic Navajo herbs that I swear have a magical property that heals. http://medicineofthepeople.