One thing that we all enjoy through the year is a vacation. Going away to far-flung destinations and experiencing new things in life is exciting, which is why we spend so much money on going abroad. There is a whole world out there and we don’t get enough time in the day to book to see it. There are places to experience, things to eat and new people to meet, but we’re all stuck inside and unable to get out there. Some of the best things in life come from going to new places, but if you don’t book and you don’t travel, how will you know what’s out there?
Going abroad often is a privilege, and if you are privileged enough to do it repeatedly, you will eventually fall in love with specific places. Over time, you want to visit more and more, so the subject of buying real estate will come up – and you’ll be right there deciding if it’s the best thing for you to do. Here’s the thing about that: real estate? It’s not always straightforward, especially if you are buying abroad. However, being in a new country often means that you are better off! So, below, we’ve put together ten reasons you should invest in a new vacation home.
- The very first reason to do it is that you get to be in your favorite place. You repeatedly frequent the same spots over and over, and you come to know it and the locals very well. When this happens, it’s easy to assimilate your life in that place if you want to permanently relocate. You get to make new friends and experience new places, and all because you decided that it’s a good idea to buy a property in the place you love the most.
- There is so much culture when you venture beyond the borders of your own country. There are cities to explore and discover and beaches to leave footprints on that are vastly different from your own. You can go to theaters and live shows, see comedians and even learn a new language for the new place. The locals will love that you make the effort to educate yourself about their language and way of life, too, which only adds to your acceptance in a new place.
- Entertainment is a big reason people choose to buy their holiday homes. They can indulge in the entertainment they pay for when they visit on vacation – but they can do it more often instead! There are places around the world that offer huge discounts to locals for activities and entertainment, and this is a huge incentive for locals to get involved in things that would usually pertain to visitors instead.
- If you are currently living in the city, then a vacation home will have the huge draw of being by the ocean. Oceanside living is important to a lot of people, especially those who love to be able to breathe in the fresh air. The beach is great for your mental health and if you don’t plan to live in your vacation home all year around, you can rent it out for a brilliant side income. There are plenty of homes near the ocean, you just have to find those that are perfect for your family to enjoy through the year.
- Walking is something you can do anywhere but it’s so much more pleasant to walk in an environment that offers countryside, mountains and the beach. Being in a new country, you can choose exactly where you live based on your preferences for hiking, exercise and being outdoors. You can also use this as an advertising tool for your rental!
- One of the biggest draws of buying a vacation home is the extra income. You may not choose to live there full time, so you can rent out the property to tenants over the time you’re away. You can do this either on a longer term basis, or you can do it on an AirBNB type website – this will earn you a rental income for other’s vacations, and it can be quite a good way to earn some cash. You will be able to bring in a second income – but be mindful of taxes!
- A vacation home gives you an escape. You can escape to your property any time of the year – as long as it’s free to use – and you get to use the time in the home as quality time with the kids or grandkids. You get the place to stay pre-paid for because you own it! You have the chance to spend time with your family in a beautiful home you paid for yourself.
- Having a vacation home gives you a place to invite your friends to! You can encourage your family and friends to visit and go away with you, and you get the chance to show off a little. Your vacation home is going to be a project for you and your family, so you can enjoy catching up with family and friends whenever you like when they visit you!
- Moving abroad is now an option for you if you have your home abroad. You have a house on which you already pay taxes, and you can sort visas and things to live in a home that’s not in the same country you’re in. You have the chance to relocate, and all it will take is finding a new job and ensuring that you have your ticket and your visa to live somewhere new permanently.
- Lastly, a great reason to own a home abroad is because you have a chance to see new things and do new things. Experiences in life matter, and there will be plenty of those experiences when you buy a property in a country that;s not your usual place to stay.
Buying a vacation home is a process, so get the right advice before you get started and you will be on your way!