Due to the global pandemic, companies and workers who weren’t working virtually prior, have now been faced with remote work collaborations which have become the necessary norm day-to-day. Our executive managers here at Millennium magazine recently came across a book that was written for both team leaders and business owners, addressing remote team productivity and so much more. We enjoyed all the takeaways and wanted to share the book here with our readers, in hopes it can help other business teams and leaders navigate this new virtual work environment.
Align Remotely is a remote facilitator of workshops of topics including remote leadership, team productivity, and alignment around company strategy recently released a new book called ‘Align Remotely.’ The new book, written by Lukasz Szyrmer, shares the title of the company, and was written to help remote executive managers and teams get things done faster while working from home.
The company, Align Remotely helps organizations to optimize and transition over to remote work. With Szyrmer’s years of remote leadership experience, the book Align Remotely expresses a compilation of remote leadership experience from leading mid-market businesses, sharing techniques and strategies applicable within every industry.
“I wrote the book I wish I could have read when I first started managing remote teams years ago,” said Lukasz Szyrmer, CEO and author of Align Remotely. “Rather than just seeing lockdown as an uncomfortable phase to endure, now is a great time to reposition your company to thrive thanks to what remote makes possible.”
Unlike other resources, the book Align Remotely focuses specifically on the biggest factors affecting the productivity of preexisting teams, which are:
- Existing team dynamics
- Company alignment
- Meeting culture
This book will help business leaders and owners take advantage of new possibilities around remote work, such as completing work in parallel to speed up progress towards outcomes, which have been used by companies like Auttomatic or GitHub to derive exponential growth. In addition to re-assessing a company’s strategy to remain relevant, executives need to stay on top of the strategy-implementation gap in a limited feedback environment.
In this book, you will learn:
- Why you need to realign your teams when shifting to remote only
- How to track productivity in real-time using an operational heartbeat
- How to run successful meetings, ones where you arrive at good decisions quickly
- Why obsessing with Gantt charts blinds you to true progress, and what to do instead
- Why you can often fix erratic behavior with a structural issue, one that’s hidden in plain sight
- Why remote work requires a different work breakdown than what’s acceptable in person
- Why remote management problems stem from differences of opinion about one specific topic
- Why working harder, harder, and harder when going remote becomes a trap
- How to reduce the number of meetings everyone attends while increasing team productivity
- How to use the limitations of distributed solo-working to bolster team output
- How to maximize team buy-in to the company’s strategy
- How to shift your culture to one of greater accountability, respect, and inclusion
For more information see:
Discover the Managing Teams Remotely Podcast:
Listen to Manage Remote Teams on Spotify:
Ebook & Hardcover Book: https://www.amazon.com/Align-Remotely-achieve-together-everyone/dp/8393128919/
About the Author:
Lukasz Szyrmer has managed or participated in remote only knowledge work teams for almost a decade. Most recently, he leads a program of approximately 30 distributed across 13 time zones and 8 different locations. Over the last 9 years, he has lead teams building software, running marketing and sales, and launched a #1 bestselling book. Remotely. In many cases, with people he never met or spoke to in person. Now that everyone has been thrust into a similar situation, he is keen on helping other leaders come to grip with this pandemic, by sharing what has worked well for him in the past.